This brush drying rack is the best invention! I’ve had mine for years and it really helps your brushes dry faster and keep their shape. I’ve had many of my makeup brushes for years and it’s because I wash them regularly and properly.
It’s so important to wash your makeup brushes regularly. Every 1-2 weeks is ideal.
Brushes can be very expensive and I’ve had many of mine for over 7 years because I take care of them! It also makes for better makeup application- if your brushes are dirty it makes blending your makeup much more difficult.
I love how this allows me to hang my brushes so no water gets in the shaft. This will help keep the glue strong and the bristles in place.
What Soap Should You Use to Clean Your Makeup Brushes?
You don’t need expensive “brush” soap to wash them. I used to use baby shampoo until I discovered this. This stuff is amazing! It smells good, its natural, it’s foamy, and the bottle it lasts forever!
I also just started using this brush cleansing mat and have found that it makes cleaning so much faster.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to wash your makeup brushes:
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place the makeup brush cleanser onto the bristles.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles on your palm or your brush cleansing mat.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly and squeeze as you clean to ensure all the soap is removed.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Reshape the brush head and hang with the bristles poiting down from your brush drying rack.
How often do you wash your brushes? I hope these tools help you!