How & Why You Should Wash Your Makeup Brushes
This brush drying rack is the best invention.
It’s so important to wash your makeup brushes regularly. Every 1-2 weeks is ideal.
Brushes can be very expensive and I’ve had many of mine for over 7 years because I take care of them! It also makes for better makeup application- if your brushes are dirty it makes blending your makeup much more difficult.
I love how this allows me to hang my brushes so no water gets in the shaft. This will help keep the glue strong and the bristles in place.
What Should You Use to Clean Your Brushes?
You don’t need expensive “brush” soap to wash them. I used to use baby shampoo until I discovered this. This stuff is amazing! It smells good, its natural, it’s foamy, and the bottle it lasts forever!
I also just started using this brush cleansing mat and have found that it makes cleaning so much faster.
Here is how to wash your brushes:
- Wet the bristles with lukewarm water.
- Place the makeup brush cleanser onto the bristles.
- Gently massage the tips of the bristles on your palm or your brush cleansing mat.
- Rinse the bristles thoroughly and squeeze as you clean to ensure all the soap is removed.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture with a clean towel.
- Reshape the brush head and hang from your brush dryer.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/igFmF8_s5kc” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
How often do you wash your brushes? I hope these tools help you!